Following my friends’ lead I thought I should also create a separate eligibility post for the Campbell Award for Best New Writer and place links to my online stories here for your reading convenience.
* My first pro sale was in 2013. Since then, I’ve had a decent couple of years. I sold several stories including a novella to Tor.com (Ellen Datlow) and a novelette to Prime Books.
* I’ve been nominated for the Nebula Award for Best Short Story and the Bram Stoker Award for Superior Achievement in Fiction. I am the first Pakistani writer to be nominated for either award.
* So far I’ve made two Best of the Year anthologies: “Resurrection Points” will appear in Year’s Best Weird Fiction 2 ed. by Kathe Koja & Michael Kelly (Undertow/Chizine) and “The Vaporization Enthalpy of a Peculiar Pakistani Family” will appear in Best Science Fiction & Fantasy of the Year: Volume 9 ed. by Jonathan Strahan (Solaris Books).
* Between “Resurrection Points” and “Vaporization”, I’ve made several best of the year lists including Tor.com’s, the Strange Horizons Readers Poll for top 5 stories of the year, the incredible Locus Online Recommended Reading List, Tangent Online’s, and Novelocity’s. Several award winning writers and editors have recommended my work. The marvelous Ken Liu even recommended me for the Campbell Award, which honestly I still find surreal.
You can read/listen to my stories here:
1. The Vaporization Enthalpy of a Peculiar Pakistani Family (Qualia Nous). You can listen to the Tor.com podcast here.
Thank you for reading. I hope you enjoyed what you read.